Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ipsy Subscription Box: September Review



Cost: $10 a month

Products: Full size and samples of beauty/makeup products. Plus everything comes in a makeup bag!

Ships to: US and Canada


Ipsy will send out products based on the results of a style quiz that may be updated whenever you want. Items that I receive may be different from what others or you may get. This month's theme was 'Street Style' and I totally love this little bag!

Hikari Lipstick (in Cabernet)- Full Size! Value $13

This color is the perfect deep, red hue for fall. The description mentions that it goes on matte so be sure to apply lip balm before. 



Pacifica 7 Free Nail Polish (in Red Red Wine)- Full Size! Value $9

Another absolutely, perfect fall shade. I can't wait to pair this up with the Hikari lipstick!


This powder can be used alone or to set your foundation for a matte finish. I'm a fan of translucent powders to set in your foundation. It doesn't add an extra layer of color and it's great for those with oily skin for that smooth finish. Hopefully this powder does the trick.




I was so sad when I pulled this out of the bag. I had received this exact cream from another box and I just couldn't get used to the scent. It is moisturizing but the scent just isn't for me. I gifted the last one to my mom so she'll be happy to get another one :)


I've been searching around for a good face cleanser that will not dry out my skin but doesn't make it oiler so I'm glad to try this sample. Hopefully it won't cause me to breakout. I've read reviews on the Ipsy product page that the scent is a bit strong but you end up washing it off anyways so it shouldn't be a big deal.


Conclusion:  Not one of my favorite Ipsy bags but I will be using every product I received except for the cream. And I'm very excited about pairing up the nail polish and lipstick. I paid $10 for this bag and received a value of about $51 not including the value of the makeup bag.

What did you guys think of the September Ipsy bag? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...